For courses in Professional Nursing Practice or Introduction to the Nursing Profession.
This book provides an introduction to professional nursing for beginning students–whether they are basic students or returning to school for a baccalaureate or advanced degree. Focusing on foundational knowledge, it includes coverage of nursing history, theory, ethics, and law, as well as nursing roles, issues, and changes in the profession. Fully updated, this edition includes more information on technology, interdisciplinary care, rural health and holistic health care. Capturing the changing health care system, it includes discussion of health care economics, the cultural and spiritual dimensions of client care, and nursing in a changing world.
Table of Contents
1. Beginning the Transition: Journey to Professionalism
UNIT 1: FOUNDATIONS OF PROFESSIONAL NURSING PRACTICE
2. Socialization to Professional Nursing
3. Historical Foundations of Professional Nursing
4. Ethical Foundations of Professional Nursing
5. Legal Foundations of Professional Nursing
6. Theoretical Foundations of Professional Nursing
UNIT II: PROFESSIONAL NURSING ROLES
7. The Nurse as Health Promoter and Care Provider
8. The Nurse as Learner and Teacher
9. The Nurse as Leader and Manager
10. The Nurse as Research Consumer
11. The Nurse as Advocate
12. The Nurse as Colleague and Collaborator
UNIT III: PROCESSES GUIDING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
14. Change Process
15. Group Process
16. Technology and Informatics
UNIT IV: PROFESSIONAL NURSING IN A CHANGING HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
17. Nursing in an Evolving Health Care Delivery System
18. Health Care Economics
19. Providing Care in the Home and Community
20. Holistic Health Care
21. Nursing in a Culturally Diverse World
22. Nursing in a Spiritually Diverse World
23. Nursing in a Culture of Violence
UNIT V: INTO THE FUTURE
24. Advanced Nursing Education and Practice
25. Visions for the Future
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-215450-5