Now in full color, this engaging, conversational text helps students understand the common professional standards that all healthcare workers need to provide excellent care and service. PROFESSIONALISM IN HEALTHCARE: A PRIMER FOR CAREER SUCCESS, 4/e brings together complete coverage of these and other crucial “soft skills”: work ethic, character, relationships, teamwork, communication and etiquette, honesty, cultural competence, personal image, personal health and wellness, and more. Revised and improved throughout, this edition gives students a clearer understanding of where they fit in the changing healthcare system, why patient satisfaction is more important than ever, how to behave with the professionalism that both employers and patients demand, and how to move forward in their own careers more rapidly. This edition also contains many new pedagogical features, including an extensive new website.
Table of Contents
1. The Health Care Industry and Your Role
2. Your Work Ethic and Performance
3. Personal Traits of the Health Care Professional
4. Relationships, Teamwork, and Communication Skills
5. Cultural Competence and Patient Care
6. Professionalism and Your Personal Life
7. The Practicum Experience
8. Employment, Leadership, and Career Development
Glossary of Terms
Appendix A. Sample Job Description
Appendix B. Sample Performance Evaluation
Appendix C. Sample Résumé
Appendix D. Sample Résumé Cover Letter
Appendix E. Sample Job Application
Appendix F. Sample Interview Follow-Up Letter
Appendix G. Sample Practicum Journal
Appendix H. Sample Practicum Thank You Letter
These online resources are available at no cost.
MyHealthProfessionsKit -- Instant Access -- for Professionalism in Healthcare, 4th Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133489408
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyHealthProfessionsKit -- Standalone Access Card
. . Pearson Education
$74.20 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780133377323
Includes this title packaged with:
- Student Access Code Card for HIPAA Privacy: The Privacy Rule and Health Care Practice, 2nd Edition
$110.27 | Add to Cart
This item has been upgraded to Professionalism in Health Care, 5th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307304-1