Your essential guide to key programming features in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Take your database programming skills to a new level—and build customized applications using the developer tools introduced with SQL Server 2012. This hands-on reference shows you how to design, test, and deploy SQL Server databases through tutorials, practical examples, and code samples. If you’re an experienced SQL Server developer, this book is a must-read for learning how to design and build effective SQL Server 2012 applications.
Discover how to:
- Build and deploy databases using the SQL Server Data Tools IDE
- Query and manipulate complex data with powerful Transact-SQL enhancements
- Integrate non-relational features, including native file streaming and geospatial data types
- Consume data with Microsoft ADO.NET, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Deliver data using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Data Services and WCF RIA Services
- Move your database to the cloud with Windows Azure SQL Database
- Develop Windows Phone cloud applications using SQL Data Sync
- Use SQL Server BI components, including xVelocity in-memory technologies
Table of Contents
- Part I: Core SQL Server Development
- Chapter 1: Introducing SQL Server Data Tools
- Chapter 2: T-SQL Enhancements
- Chapter 3: Exploring SQL CLR
- Chapter 4: Working with Transactions
- Chapter 5: SQL Server Security
- Part II: Going Beyond Relational
- Chapter 6: XML and the Relational Database
- Chapter 7: Hierarchical Data and the Relational Database
- Chapter 8: Native File Streaming
- Chapter 9: Geospatial Support
- Part III: Applied SQL
- Chapter 10: The Microsoft Data Access Juggernaut
- Chapter 11: WCF Data Access Technologies
- Chapter 12: Moving to the Cloud with SQL Azure
- Chapter 13: SQL Azure Data Sync and Windows Phone 7 Development
- Chapter 14: Pervasive Insight
- Chapter 15: xVelocity In-Memory Technologies
- About the Authors
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-9599-3