The only complete, up-to-date guide to construction project management that fully aligns with the latest PMBOK standards.
Project Management for Construction is the up-to-date guide to construction-specific project management that fully reflects the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK). Unlike competitive texts, it covers not just project management process skills, but also crucial people skills such as teambuilding, communication, conflict management, leadership, motivation, decision-making, and negotiation. Topics covered include: project integration, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communication management, risk management, and procurement management. Readers will find up-to-date project management information related to LEED and green building construction, as well as introductions to all leading approaches to cost estimating, including CSI divisions, R.S. Means Assemblies Cost Data, and UNIFORMAT divisions. Throughout, key concepts are supported with a comprehensive package of pedagogical material, and teaching/learning aids provided in no other construction project management text.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help construction professionals quickly master the best practices of construction project management. It provides:
- Comprehensive construction-specific coverage fully aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK): Thoroughly in accordance with the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK), and focused entirely on construction — not a generic text that only touches on construction in passing
- Up-to-date coverage of the latest construction industry trends as they relate to project management: Addresses important trends such as LEED and green construction, as well as all leading forms of cost estimation
- Hands-on focus, comprehensive pedagogical tools, and support for flexible approaches to teaching and learning: Supported by comprehensive pedagogical tools, and designed for both classroom and online learning in a wide range of programs
Table of Contents
I. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PROCESS SKILLS
1. Overview of Construction Project Management
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Construction Project Managers
3. Cost Estimating for Construction Projects
4. Planning and Scheduling for Construction Projects
5. Procuring for Construction Projects
6. Managing Risk in Construction Projects
7. Project Construction, Monitoring, and Closeout
II. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PEOPLE SKILLS
8. Leading Teams
9. Building Teams and Managing Conflict
10. Motivating Teams
11. Communicating, Influencing, and Negotiating
12. Managing Time
13. Managing Change
14. Managing Diversity
15. Managing Adversity
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348458-8