The only complete, up-to-date guide to construction project management that fully aligns with the latest PMBOK standards.
Project Management for Construction is the up-to-date guide to construction-specific project management that fully reflects the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK). Unlike competitive texts, it covers not just project management process skills, but also crucial people skills such as teambuilding, communication, conflict management, leadership, motivation, decision-making, and negotiation. Topics covered include: project integration, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communication management, risk management, and procurement management. Readers will find up-to-date project management information related to LEED and green building construction, as well as introductions to all leading approaches to cost estimating, including CSI divisions, R.S. Means Assemblies Cost Data, and UNIFORMAT divisions. Throughout, key concepts are supported with a comprehensive package of pedagogical material, and teaching/learning aids provided in no other construction project management text.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help construction professionals quickly master the best practices of construction project management. It provides:
- Comprehensive construction-specific coverage fully aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK): Thoroughly in accordance with the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK), and focused entirely on construction — not a generic text that only touches on construction in passing
- Up-to-date coverage of the latest construction industry trends as they relate to project management: Addresses important trends such as LEED and green construction, as well as all leading forms of cost estimation
- Hands-on focus, comprehensive pedagogical tools, and support for flexible approaches to teaching and learning: Supported by comprehensive pedagogical tools, and designed for both classroom and online learning in a wide range of programs
Table of Contents
I. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PROCESS SKILLS
1. Overview of Construction Project Management
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Construction Project Managers
3. Cost Estimating for Construction Projects
4. Planning and Scheduling for Construction Projects
5. Procuring for Construction Projects
6. Managing Risk in Construction Projects
7. Project Construction, Monitoring, and Closeout
II. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PEOPLE SKILLS
8. Leading Teams
9. Building Teams and Managing Conflict
10. Motivating Teams
11. Communicating, Influencing, and Negotiating
12. Managing Time
13. Managing Change
14. Managing Diversity
15. Managing Adversity
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-280352-6