The complete, up-to-date guide to project management for engineering and technology that fully reflects the latest PMBOK standards.
Project Management for Engineering and Technology is the up-to-date guide to engineering and technology-specific project management that fully reflects the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK). Unlike competitive texts, it covers not just project management process skills, but also crucial people skills such as negotiation, personal time management, change management, diversity, and overcoming adversity. Topics covered include: scheduling, cost estimating, budgets, human resources, communication, procurement, quality plans, risk management, team building, project monitoring/control, and closeout. Readers will find up-to-date case studies related to the full spectrum of engineering and technology projects, including design, manufacturing, quality improvement, and process development. They will master skills they can apply in assignments ranging from the design and manufacture of the largest jetliner to the smallest circuit board. Every chapter contains a case study that illustrates the complexities and challenges of real-world engineering and technology projects, and shows why effective project management is so critical.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help engineering and technology professionals quickly master project management best practices. It provides:
- Comprehensive engineering and technology-specific coverage fully aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK): Thoroughly in accordance with the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK), and focused entirely on engineering and technology
- Up-to-date coverage of realistic engineering and technology projects and project management challenges: Illuminates the specific realities of engineering and technology project management, with realistic case studies of complex, challenging projects throughout
- Hands-on focus, comprehensive pedagogical tools, and support for flexible approaches to teaching and learning: Supported by comprehensive pedagogical tools, and designed for both classroom and online learning in a wide range of programs
Table of Contents
I: OVERVIEW OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
1. Overview of Project Management
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Project Managers
II: PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PROCESS FUNCTIONS
3. Project Initiation
4. Project Planning: The Schedule
5. Project Planning: The Cost Estimate and Budget
6. Project Planning: Human Resource, Communication, Procurement, and Quality Plans
7. Project Planning: The Risk Management Plan
8. Project Execution: Build the Project Team
9. Project Execution: Procurements
10. Project Monitoring and Control
11. Project Closeout
III: PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PEOPLE FUNCTIONS
12. Project Managers as Team Leaders
13. Project Managers as Motivators
14. Project Managers as Communicators and Negotiators
15. Project Managers and Personal Time Management
16. Project Managers and Change
17. Project Managers and Diversity
18. Project Managers and Adversity
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-281752-3