For courses in Public Finance, Public Economics, Public Sector Economics, and The Economics of Taxation.
Holcombe takes a “public choice” approach to public finance and looks at public policy as a product of the democratic decision-making process.
Table of Contents
PART 1. Introduction
1. The Public Sector
2. Principles for Analyzing Government
PART 2. Economic Efficiency
3. Property Rights and Economic Efficiency
5. Public Goods
6. The Economic Role of the State
PART 3. An Economic Analysis of Democracy
7. A Theory of Collective Action
8. Public Sector Demand
9. Supply and Demand in Political Markets
PART 4. Taxation
10. Positive Principles of Taxation
11. Principles of Tax Policy
12. Taxes on Economic Transactions
13. The Taxation of Income
14. Personal Income Taxation in the United States
15. Taxes on Business Income and Wealth
16. The Tax System in the United States
PART 5. Government Expenditure Programs
17. The Government Budgeting Process
18. Taxation and Redistribution
19. Government Redistribution Programs
20. Social Security
22. Health Care
23. National Defense
24. The Federal System of Government
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-186467-2