For courses in Management Science or Decision Modeling
A solid foundation in quantitative methods and management science
This popular text gives students a genuine foundation in business analytics, quantitative methods, and management science—and how to apply the concepts and techniques in the real world—through a strong emphasis on model building, computer applications, and examples. The authors’ approach presents mathematical models, with all of the necessary assumptions, in clear, plain English, and then applies the ensuing solution procedures to example problems along with step-by-step, how-to instructions. In instances in which the mathematical computations are intricate, the details are presented in a manner that ensures flexibility, allowing instructors to omit these sections without interrupting the flow of the material. The use of computer software enables the instructor to focus on the managerial problem and spend less time on the details of the algorithms. Computer output is provided for many examples throughout the text.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text provides a solid foundation in quantitative methods and management science. Here’s how:
- Students see clearly how concepts and techniques are used in real organizations.
- Outstanding in-text features provide reinforcement and ensure understanding.
- The text’s use of software allows instructors to focus on the managerial problem, while spending less time on the mathematical details of the algorithms.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
Chapter 2 Probability Concepts and Applications
Chapter 3 Decision Analysis
Chapter 4 Regression Models
Chapter 5 Forecasting
Chapter 6 Inventory Control Models
Chapter 7 Linear Programming Models: Graphical and Computer Methods
Chapter 8 Linear Programming Applications
Chapter 9 Transportation, Assignment, and Network Models
Chapter 10 Integer Programming, Goal Programming, and Nonlinear Programming
Chapter 11 Project Management
Chapter 12 Waiting Lines and Queuing Theory Models
Chapter 13 Simulation Modeling
Chapter 14 Markov Analysis
Chapter 15 Statistical Quality Control
Online Modules 1 Analytic Hierarchy Process
Online Modules 2 Dynamic Programming
Online Modules 3 Decision Theory and the Normal Distribution
Online Modules 4 Game Theory
Online Modules 5 Mathematical Tools: Determinants and Matrices
Online Modules 6 Calculus-Based Optimization
Online Modules 7 Linear Programming: The Simplex Method
Online Modules 8 Transportation, Assignment, and Network Algorithms
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Quantitative Analysis for Management, 12th Edition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$123.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-350749-2