The second edition of Race and Ethnicity: The United States and the World continues its legacy as an introductory survey text covering the basic concepts and research of theoretical issues and empirical studies of race and ethnicity in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Through state of the art chapters, Dr. Scupin introduces the concepts of race, the fallacies of scientific racism, and theoretical perspectives on ethnicity — followed by fourteen chapters that detail the empirical findings of anthropologists on race and ethnicity in the U.S. and the world.
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text +MySearchLab (at no additional cost).
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Part I: The Anthropology of Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 1: The Anthropology of Race and Ethnicity, Raymond Scupin
Chapter 2: The Concept of Race in Anthropology, Scott MacEachern
Chapter 3: A History of "Scientific" Racialism, Leonard Liebermanand Raymond Scupin
Chapter 4: Ethnicity, Raymond Scupin
Chapter 5: Ethnicity and Ethnocentrism: Are They Natural?, Donald E. Brown
Part II: The Anthropology of Race and Ethnicity in the U.S.
Chapter 6: U.S. Ethnic Relations: Anglos and the "White Ethnics," Raymond Scupin
Chapter 7: American Indians, Rachel Bonney and Raymond Scupin
Chapter 8: African Americans, Susan Love Brown
Chapter 9: Jewish Americans, Jack Glazier
Chapter 10: Hispanic/Latino Americans, Ellen Bigler
Chapter 11: Asian Americans, Janet Benson
Chapter 12: Arab Americans, Barbara Aswadand Thomas Abowd
Part III: Race and Ethnicity: A Global Focus
Chapter 13: Latin America and the Caribbean, Ronald Kephart
Chapter 14: Africa, Sheila Clarke-Ekong
Chapter 15: The Middle East, Laurie King-Irani
Chapter 16: Asia, Raymond Scupin
Chapter 17: Europe, Pamela Ballinger
Chapter 18: Canada, Norman Buchignani
Chapter 19: Conclusion, Raymond Scupin
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89265-5