Ready to Write 1, Third Edition, is a revision of Get Ready to Write, the first book in the highly-successful three-book Ready to Write series. The book teaches beginning students the composition skills they need to be successful writers in and out of the classroom.
A fresh new design, updated content throughout, and a host of new activities reinforce the approach that has made the Ready to Write series a classroom favorite for more than two decades.
- Updated examples and model paragraphs illustrate organizing elements such as topic sentences, supporting details, and signal words.
- Step-by-step activities guide students in comparing and contrasting, describing, analyzing data, writing test answers, and summarizing.
- Varied, contextualized writing tasks help students with real-life tasks.
- Editing and proofreading exercises encourage students to refine their writing skills.
- New Grammar Guide section presents important grammar points and practice items to boost accuracy.
Ready to Write also includes:
Ready to Write 2
Ready to Write 3
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Writing About Yourself
Chapter 2: Writing About Your Family and Friends
Chapter 3: Writing About Your Activities
Chapter 4: Giving Instructions
Chapter 5: Writing About Your Day
Chapter 6: Writing Descriptions
Chapter 7: Writing About Places
Chapter 8: Writing a Narrative
Chapter 9: Expressing Your Opinion
Appendix 1: Alphabet and Penmanship
Appendix 2: Past Form of Common Irregular Verbs
Appendix 3: Punctuation Rules
You Be the Editor Answer Key
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.