Thematic and Chronological Approach to the Humanities
Reality Through the Arts is a popular choice for professors because it provides both a topical and chronological approach to the humanities. Part I, “The Media of the Arts,” offers independent chapters on two dimensional art (drawing, painting, printmaking, and photography), sculpture, architecture, music, literature, theatre, cinema, and dance. Part II, “The Styles of the Arts,” is a chronological history of the arts of Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, organized by artistic discipline and focusing on styles rather than encyclopedic detail.
This edition continues its uniquely flexible organization, allowing readers to cover individual art forms and historical context. In addition, the eighth edition is now available with MySearchLab, an online program that includes an interactive etext, assessment, and help with research and writing.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience– for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – The new MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Questions about specific issues appear at the end of each chapter, helping students develop their analytical skills.
- Engage Students – Human Reality features and vibrant illustrations throughout the book give students a further understanding of the artistic process.
- Support Instructors – New MySearchLab, Music for Humanities CD, Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank are available for this text.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Part I The Media Of The Arts
Chapter 1 Two-Dimensional Art
Chapter 2 Sculpture
Chapter 3 Architecture
Chapter 4 Music and Opera
Chapter 5 Literature
Chapter 6 Theatre
Chapter 7 Cinema
Chapter 8 Dance
Part II The Styles Of The Arts
Chapter 9 Ancient Approaches
Chapter 10 Artistic Reflections in the Pre-Modern World
Chapter 11 Artistic Styles in the Emerging Modern World
Chapter 12 Artistry in an Age of Industry
Chapter 13 The Arts In A Modern, Postmodern, And Pluralistic World
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134093017
Includes this title packaged with:
- NEW MyArtsLab Generic without Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Introduction to Humanities Courses
. . Pearson Education
$200.33 $191.82 | Add to Cart
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92142-3
$127.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85823-1