In their legendary book, Reengineering the Corporation, Jim Champy and Michael Hammer introduced businesspeople to the enormous power of a revolutionary methodology called reengineering. Using reengineering, businesses around the world have systematically retooled their processes--achieving dramatic cost savings, greater customer satisfaction, and more value.
Now, Jim Champy and Dr. Harry Greenspun show how to apply the proven reengineering methodology in health care: throughout physician practices, hospitals, and even entire health systems. You’ll meet innovative and visionary leaders who’ve been successfully reengineering organizations across the entire delivery spectrum and learn powerful lessons for improving quality, reducing costs, and expanding access.
This book doesn’t just demonstrate the immense potential of health care reengineering to revolutionize health care delivery: it offers a clear roadmap for realizing that potential in your own organization.
Deliver Better Care to More People, at Lower Cost
- How reengineering can lead to more efficient, safer delivery--and sharply reduced costs
- How to focus on prevention and wellness, as well as chronic disease and hospital care
- How to earn the trust, contributions, and passion of skeptical physicians and health care professionals
- How to harness technology to create more seamless, accessible, valued, and sustainable health care systems--and avoid technology’s pitfalls
- How Zeev Neuwirth transformed the Lenox Hill Hospital ER and the 700-doctor Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates practice
- How Tom Knight is revolutionizing patient safety at Methodist Hospital System, one of America’s largest private, nonprofit medical complexes
- How to start today in your own organization!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Why Reengineer HealthCare? 15
Chapter 2 Meet Zeev Neuwirth, Reengineer 25
Chapter 3 Harness Technology 59
Chapter 4 Focus on Processes 97
Chapter 5 Remember People 141
Chapter 6 Meet Tom Knight, Reengineer 169
Chapter 7 The Hunt for Reengineering Opportunities 187
Format: Safari PTG
This publication is not currently for sale.