For courses in Special Education Assessment.
An authoritative collection of the best research-based approaches for assessing students with disabilities.
A volume unlike any other, this book helps special educators combat the gap between research and practice by identifying the big ideas of assessment in special education. Appropriate for practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers, this book is written by leading authorities in the field and gathers the most meaningful research and practices regarding assessment in a single source. Chapters offer a consistent format that includes definition of approach, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. Sections discuss the processes of assessment that special educators encounter when they work in general education settings, with parents, on eligibility decisions, and on high-stakes testing.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook, & Melody Tankersley)
- School-wide Prevention of Academic and Behavioral Difficulties (Matthew Burns & Sara Scholin)
- Data-Based Decision-Making in Academics Using Curriculum-Based Measurement (Erica Lembke, David Hampton, & Elise Hendricker)
- Parental Participation in Assessment and IEP Development (Katharine G. Shepherd, Michael F. Giangreco, & Bryan G. Cook)
- Best Practices in Assessment for Eligibility-Identification (Berttram Chiang, Suzanne Russ, & Stacey Skoning)
- Individualized Education Plans: Legal Requirements and Research Findings (Christine A. Christle & Mitchell L. Yell)
- Using Assessments to Determine the Least Restrictive Environment for Students with Disabilities (Rick Brigham & Jean Crockett)
- Curriculum-based Assessment (John Venn)
- Accommodations and Modifications for Assessment (Martha Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus, & Laurene Christensen)
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Research-Based Approaches for Assessment, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$23.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-703486-4