Research-Based Strategies for Improving Outcomes in Behavior, 1e is an authoritative collection of the best techniques known to work for students with disabilities.A volume unlike any other, it helps practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers combat the gap between research and practice by gathering the most meaningful findings regarding behavior outcomes in a single source. Written by leading authorities, chapters offer a consistent format that includes definition of strategy, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. . Sections show how to improve behavior outcomes by implementing Positive Behavior Supports, preventing problem behavior, improving compliance, decreasing aggressive behavior, and promoting social skills training.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook, & Melody Tankersley)
- Positive Behavior Support: A Framework for Preventing and Responding to Learning and Behavior Problems (Kathleen Lynne Lane, Holly Mariah Menzies, Wendy P. Oakes, & Jemma Robertson Kalberg)
- Strategies to Prevent Problem Behavior (Kristine Jolivette, Peter Alter, Terrance M. Scott, Nikki L. Josephs, & Nicole C. Swoszowski)
- Students with Disabilities and Academic Engagement: Classroom-based Interventions (Kevin S. Sutherland & Stephen A. Wright)
- Strategies to Improve Compliance (Carol Ann Davis & Annie McLaughlin)
- Strategies to Address Internalizing Behavior Problems (Lee Kern, Alexandra Hilt-Panahon, & Anuja Divatia Mukherjee)
- Strategies for Decreasing Aggressive, Coercive, Behavior: A Call for Preventive Efforts (Kathleen Lynne Lane, Hill Walker, Mary Crnobori, Regina Oliver, Allison Bruhn, & Wendy P. Oakes)
- Research-based Practices for Social Behavior: Social Skills Training, Replacement Behavior Training, and Positive Peer Reporting (Frank M. Gresham, Lisa Libster, & Keri Menesses)
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312203-9
$79.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-702878-8
Free Ground Shipping.