For courses in Behavior Management, Interventions, and Characteristics of Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders.
An authoritative collection of the best research-based practices known to improve behavior outcomes for students with disabilities.
A volume unlike any other, this book helps special educators combat the gap between research and practice by identifying specific practices proven through research to work for students with special needs. Appropriate for practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers, this book is written by leading authorities in the field and gathers the most meaningful research and practices regarding behavior outcomes in a single source. Chapters offer a consistent format that includes definition of strategy, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. Sections show how to improve behavior outcomes by implementing Positive Behavior Supports, preventing problem behavior, improving compliance, decreasing aggressive behavior, and promoting social skills training.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook, & Melody Tankersley)
- Positive Behavior Support: A Framework for Preventing and Responding to Learning and Behavior Problems (Kathleen Lynne Lane, Holly Mariah Menzies, Wendy P. Oakes, & Jemma Robertson Kalberg)
- Strategies to Prevent Problem Behavior (Kristine Jolivette, Peter Alter, Terrance M. Scott, Nikki L. Josephs, & Nicole C. Swoszowski)
- Students with Disabilities and Academic Engagement: Classroom-based Interventions (Kevin S. Sutherland & Stephen A. Wright)
- Strategies to Improve Compliance (Carol Ann Davis & Annie McLaughlin)
- Strategies to Address Internalizing Behavior Problems (Lee Kern, Alexandra Hilt-Panahon, & Anuja Divatia Mukherjee)
- Strategies for Decreasing Aggressive, Coercive, Behavior: A Call for Preventive Efforts (Kathleen Lynne Lane, Hill Walker, Mary Crnobori, Regina Oliver, Allison Bruhn, & Wendy P. Oakes)
- Research-based Practices for Social Behavior: Social Skills Training, Replacement Behavior Training, and Positive Peer Reporting (Frank M. Gresham, Lisa Libster, & Keri Menesses)
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$27.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-702914-3