For courses in Differentiated Instruction, Academic Interventions for Students with Disabilities, and Designing Instruction for Students with Disabilities.
An authoritative collection of the best research-based practices known to improve a wide range of academic outcomes for students with disabilities.
A volume unlike any other, this book helps special educators combat the gap between research and practice by identifying specific practices proven through research to work for students with special needs. Appropriate for practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers, this book is written by leading authorities in the field and gathers the most meaningful research and practices regarding academic outcomes in a single source. Chapters offer a consistent format that includes definition of strategy, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. Sections cover a range of academic areas such as language development, literacy, mathematics, and written expression.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook & Melody Tankersley)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Emergent Reading: Advances in the Field of Early Literacy Instruction (Jill Allor & Stephanie Al Otaiba)
- Strategies for Improving Students’ Reading Fluency (Beth Harn & David Chard)
- Using Collaborative Strategic Reading to Improve Reading Comprehension (Alison Boardman, Elizabeth Swanson, Janette Klingner, & Sharon Vaughn)
- Vocabulary Instruction for Students with or At Risk for Learning Disabilities: Promising Approaches for Learning Words From Texts (Joanne Carlisle, Christine Kenney, & Anita Vereb)
- Instructional Practices for Improving Student Outcomes in Solving Arithmetic Combinations (Diane Pedrotty Bryant, Brian R. Bryant, Jacob L. Williams, Sun A. Kim, & Mikyung Shin)
- Strategies forImproving Student Outcomes in Mathematics’ Reasoning (Asha Jitendra & Marjorie Montague)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Written Expression (Linda Mason, Karen Harris, & Steve Graham)
- Strategies for Improving Content Area Outcomes (B. Keith Lenz & Janis Bulgren)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Co-Taught General Education Classrooms (Naomi Zigmond, Kathleen Magiera, Rhea Simmons, & Victoria Volonino)
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$25.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-702991-4