Research-Based Strategies for Improving Outcomes in Academics, 1e is an authoritative collection of the best techniques known to work for students with disabilities.A volume unlike any other, it helps practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers combat the gap between research and practice by gathering the most meaningful findings regarding academic outcomes in a single source. Written by leading authorities, chapters offer a consistent format that includes definition of strategy, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. Sections cover a range of academic areas such as language development, literacy, mathematics, and written expression.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook & Melody Tankersley)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Emergent Reading: Advances in the Field of Early Literacy Instruction (Jill Allor & Stephanie Al Otaiba)
- Strategies for Improving Students’ Reading Fluency (Beth Harn & David Chard)
- Using Collaborative Strategic Reading to Improve Reading Comprehension (Alison Boardman, Elizabeth Swanson, Janette Klingner, & Sharon Vaughn)
- Vocabulary Instruction for Students with or At Risk for Learning Disabilities: Promising Approaches for Learning Words From Texts (Joanne Carlisle, Christine Kenney, & Anita Vereb)
- Instructional Practices for Improving Student Outcomes in Solving Arithmetic Combinations (Diane Pedrotty Bryant, Brian R. Bryant, Jacob L. Williams, Sun A. Kim, & Mikyung Shin)
- Strategies forImproving Student Outcomes in Mathematics’ Reasoning (Asha Jitendra & Marjorie Montague)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Written Expression (Linda Mason, Karen Harris, & Steve Graham)
- Strategies for Improving Content Area Outcomes (B. Keith Lenz & Janis Bulgren)
- Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes in Co-Taught General Education Classrooms (Naomi Zigmond, Kathleen Magiera, Rhea Simmons, & Victoria Volonino)
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312156-8
$79.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-702990-7
Free Ground Shipping.