For courses in Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology.
A classic in its field, this best-selling text teaches general research methods using standard and contemporary examples of criminal justice and criminology research. Featuring both qualitative and quantitative studies, the author helps students develop fundamental research skills and acquaints them with the literature of the field. This edition features updated tables, figures and examples and includes new information on prison research, Internet resources and visual criminology.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Criminal Justice Research Methods
2. Ethics in Criminal Justice Research
3. Research Design: The Experimental Model and Its Variations
4. The Uniform Crime Reports and Sampling
5. Survey Research: Questionnaires
6. Survey Research: Interviews and Telephone Surveys
7. Participant Observation and Case Studies
8. Unobtrusive Measures, Secondary Analysis, and the Uses of Official Statistics
9. Validity, Reliability, and Triangulated Strategies
10. Scaling and Index Construction
11. Policy Analysis and Evaluation Research
12. Data Management: Coding, Tabulation and Simple Data Presentation
13. Data Analysis: A User’s Guide to Statistics
APPENDIX A: HOW TO WRITE THE RESEARCH REPORT
APPENDIX B: TABLE OF RANDOM NUMBERS
APPENDIX C: STATISTICS: AN ADDENDUM TO CHAPTER 13
APPENDIX D: ANSWERS TO POP QUIZZES IN CHAPTER 13
APPENDIX E: NORMAL CURVE AREAS
APPENDIX F: DISTRIBUTION OF CHI-SQUARE
APPENDIX G: PROPOSAL WRITING AND EVALUATION
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-504441-4