Research Techniques for the Health Sciences focuses on pragmatic aspects of health science research. Underlying concepts and theory are explained and illustrated through a common-sense approach utilizing case studies.
All of the text’s case studies are health-oriented in school, community, and hospital settings involving students, teachers, physicians, nurses, and health science researchers. This edition features more applied questions for the case studies, general guidelines on how to create a poster, and reorganized chapters.
Table of Contents
1. What is Research?
2. Developing the Research Proposal
3. Critical Review of the Literature and Information Sources
4. Considering Ethics in Research
5. Conducting Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Research
6. Conducting Survey and Self-Report Research
7. Conducting Qualitative Research
8. Conducting Evaluation Research and Mixed Designs
9. Conducting Analytical Epidemiologic Research
10. Sampling Designs and Techniques
11. Analyzing and Interpreting Data: Descriptive Analysis
12. Analyzing and Interpreting Data: Inferential Analysis
13. Techniques for Data Presentation
14. Communicating Your Research
Appendix: Common Statistical Procedures
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Research Techniques for the Health Sciences, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88547-0