This authoritative guide for ensuring all students are able to achieve high standards is an essential resource for educators in any school with English learners. It provides practical help for designing and implementing effective RTI programs using the SIOP® Model, and ensuring the appropriate type of instruction that English leaners need and deserve. Response to Intervention (RTI) and English Learners, 2/e includes important background information on RTI; examines the academic and linguistic challenges that English learners face; and covers appropriate and effective multi-tier instruction, assessment, and intervention with RTI, specifically for English learners. The authors include recommendations for implementing the eight components of the SIOP® Model for Tier 1 within an RTI framework, and additional suggestions for implementing RTI in secondary schools.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Using RTI with English Learners
Chapter 2 The Big Picture: Cultural and Linguistic Realities
Chapter 3 Assessment and Data Based Decision Making for English Learners
Chapter 4 Tier 1: What Is Best Practice for Teaching English Learners?
Chapter 5 Tier 2 and Tier 3 Interventions for English Learners
Chapter 6 How to Distinguish Disability from Linguistic Differences
Chapter 7 Special Considerations for Secondary English Learners
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$22.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358107-2