For courses in Retail Buying; Fashion Merchandising Planning and Buying; The Apparel Industry; Advanced Retailing.
Retail Buying Practices and Policies in a Global Economy details every aspect of a buyer’s job and includes step-by-step videos that detail the completion of Excel® spread sheets for assignments and in-depth instruction. The text provides students with insights into buying from a truly global perspective, preparing them for the global economy in which they will be working. In addition, students will find in-depth coverage of topics–such as financial statements and ratios, branding, and technology–not found in other texts. From large international specialty stores to small privately owned stores, this text covers all the skills and concepts students need to pursue a career in retail buying.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Retail Buying
2. Why Consumers Buy
3. A Basic Understanding of Financial Statements and Ratios
4. Determination of Markup and Pricing of Merchandise
5. Essentials of Markdown Management
6. The Merchandise Budget Planning Process
7. Assortment Planning
9. Selecting, Categorizing & Evaluating Vendor Relationships and Performance
10. The Legal Environment and Negotiating with Vendors
11. Advertising and Sales Promotion
12. Merchandise Resources
13. Buying in a Global Marketplace
14. The Basics of Fashion
15. Technology Trends in the Buying Process
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Retail Buying Practices and Policies in a Global Economy, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$35.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-211205-5