Without a predefined and well-integrated strategy, a retail firm may flounder as it’s attempting to cope with the changing environment that surrounds it. Berman/Evans’ reader-friendly text, Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, provides a strategic, decision-making approach that illustrates how retailers plan for, and adapt to, today’s changing and complex retail environment.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Retailing
Chapter 2: Building and Sustaining Relationships in Retailing
Chapter 3: Strategic Planning in Retailing
Part Two: Situation Analysis
Chapter 4: Retail Institutions by Ownership
Chapter 5: Retail Institutions by Store-Based Strategy
Chapter 6: Web, Nonstore-Based, and Other Forms of Nontraditional Retailing
Part Three: Targeting Customers and Gathering Information
Chapter 7: Identifying and Understanding Consumers
Chapter 8: Information Gathering and Processing in Retailing
Part Four: Choosing a Store Location
Chapter 9: Trading-Area Analysis
Chapter 10: Site Selection
Part Five: Managing a Retail Business
Chapter 11: Retail Organization and Human Resource Management
Chapter 12: Operations Management: Financial Dimensions
Chapter 13: Operations Management: Operational Dimensions
Part Six: Merchandise Management and Pricing
Chapter 14: Developing Merchandise Plans
Chapter 15: Implementing Merchandise
Chapter 16: Financial Merchandise Management
Chapter 17: Pricing in Retailing
Part Seven: Communicating with the Customer
Chapter 18: Establishing and Maintaining a Retail Image
Chapter 19: Promotional Strategy
Part Eight: Putting It All Together
Chapter 20: Integrating and Controlling the Retail Strategy
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 12th Edition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$106.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307589-2