MASTERING ASSESSMENT BOOKLETS
• Appropriate and Inappropriate Tests for Evaluating Schools
• Assessing Students’ Affect
• Assessing Students with Disabilities
• Assessment Bias: How to Banish It
• Classroom Evidence of Successful Teaching
• College Entrance Examinations: The SAT and the ACT
• Constructed-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
• How Testing Can Help Teaching
• Interpreting the Results of Large-Scale Assessments
• Portfolio Assessment and Performance Testing
• Reliability: What Is It and Is It Necessary?
• Selected-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
• The Role of Rubrics in Testing and Teaching
• Test Preparation: Sensible or Sordid?
• Validity: Assessment’s Cornerstone
Table of Contents
What’s In a Name?
When To Use a Rubric?
Why Use a Rubric?
What’s In a Rubric?
Quality Distinctions for the Evaluative Criteria
An Unwarranted Reverence for Rubrics
Rubrics – The Rancid and the Rapturous
Varied Formats, Qualitative Differences
A Rubric to Evaluate Rubrics