School Law and the Public Schools is a practical, easy to read, comprehensive guide to the legal issues facing public schools in the U.S. today. An essential reference for all teachers, educational leaders, and policymakers at all levels, the book is organized and written in a style that is accessible to all, even those with little or no knowledge of the legal issues in education.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Legal Framework Affecting Public Schools
Chapter 2 Religion and the Public Schools
Chapter 3 Student Rights and Restrictions
Chapter 4 National Security and School Safety
Chapter 5 Individuals with Disabilities
Chapter 6 School Personnel and School District Liability
Chapter 7 Liability and Student Records
Chapter 8 Teacher Freedoms
Chapter 9 Discrimination in Employment
Chapter 10 Recruitment, Tenure, Dismissal, and Due Process
Chapter 11 The Instructional Program and School Attendance
Chapter 12 School Desegregation
Chapter 13 Public School Finance
Chapter 14 The Constitution of the United States of America
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend School Law and the Public Schools: A Practical Guide for Educational Leaders, 6th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users