This title is only available as a loose-leaf version with Pearson eText.
Science Instruction in the Middle and Secondary Schools gives pre-service and novice teachers the knowledge and basic skills they need to enact the basics of science teaching–purpose, planning, assessing, teaching, and managing. It features numerous motivating features such as vignettes, cares, classroom examples, exercises, and more, to give the concepts real meaning in readers’ everyday lives. This new edition supports science teaching and learning as reflected in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and prepares teacher candidates to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions called for in the 2012 NSTA Standards for Science and Teacher Preparation.
0133783766 / 9780133783766 Science Instruction in the Middle and Secondary Schools: Developing Fundamental Knowledge and Skills, Loose-Leaf Version with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133752429 / 9780133752427 Science Instruction in the Middle and Secondary Schools: Developing Fundamental Knowledge and Skillss, Loose-Leaf Version
0133773108 / 9780133773101 Science Instruction in the Middle and Secondary Schools: Developing Fundamental Knowledge and Skills, Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Thoughts and Actions of Beginning Science Teachers
Chapter 2 – The Purpose of Science Teaching
Chapter 3 – Planning to Teach Science
Chapter 4 – Assessing Science Learning
Chapter 5 – Teaching Science
Chapter 6 – The Science Learning Environment
Chapter 7 - The Nature of Science and Engineering and Technology
Chapter 8 – Inquiry and Science Teaching
Chapter 9 – Divers Adolescent Learners and Differentiated InstructionChapter 10 – Learning in Middle Grades and Secondary Schools
Chapter 11 – Lecture, Discussion and Demonstration
Chapter 12 – Science, Engineering and Societal Issues
Chapter 13 – Laboratory Work and Fieldwork
Chapter 14 – Safety in the Laboratory and Classroom
Chapter 15 – Computers and Electronic Technologies
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-377307-1