Table of Contents
1. Emotions in Science and Everyday Life.
2. Snarling Dogs, Cowering Cats, and Weeping Humans: The Darwinian Perspective.
3. Listening to the Cries and Whispers of the Articulate Body: The Jamesian Perspective.
4. Feeling Is Thinking: The Cognitive Perspective.
5. Emotions and the Politics of Everyday Life: The Social Constructivist Perspective.
6. Of Elephants and Blind Men: Comparing the Darwinian, Jamesian, Cognitive, and Social Constructivist Perspectives on Emotion.
7. Concluding Unscientific Postscript: Emotions and You.
Appendix: The Neurophysiology of Emotion: Briefer Course.