Building on the First Edition’s well-received and unique applied approach to micronutrients—organizing vitamins and minerals functionally, thus substantially enhancing student retention—the Second Edition adds new learning aids to further help students learn and apply the material. CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. The Role of Nutrition in Our Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
4. Carbohydrates: Bountiful Sources of Energy and Nutrients
5. Lipids: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
7. Metabolism: From Food to Life
In-Depth: Vitamins & Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
8. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism
9. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
10. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function
In-Depth: Phytochemicals and Functional Foods
11. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health
12. Nutrients Involved in Blood Health and Immunity
13. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
In-Depth: Disordered Eating
14. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
15. Food Safety and Technology: Impact on Consumers
16. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
17. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood and Adolescence
18. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: The Later Years
19. Global Nutrition
Answers to Review Questions
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Science of Nutrition, The, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67660-3