For courses in Introductory Animal Science or Introductory Livestock Management.
Scientific Farm Animal Production: An Introduction to Animal Science, Tenth Edition, offers students a comprehensive, science-based approach to managing livestock for food, fiber, and recreation. This best-selling text examines the biological principles, scientific relationships, and management practices of livestock production, providing students the context and foundation upon which they can determine their academic and career focus. Updated with new figures, color photos, and current demographic data, the tenth edition is the best reference and resource available to teachers and students at the introductory level in animal sciences.
Table of Contents
1. Animal Contribution to Human Needs
2. Overview of the Livestock and Poultry Industries
3. Red Meat Products
4. Poultry and Egg Products
5. Milk and Milk Products
6. Wool and Mohair
7. By-Products of Meat Animals
8. Market Classes and Grades of Livestock, Poultry, and Eggs
9. Visual Evaluation of Market Animals
11. Artificial Insemination, Estrous Synchronization, and Embryo Transfer
13. Genetic Change through Selection
14. Mating Systems
15. Nutrients and Their Functions
16. Digestion and Absorption of Feed
17. Providing Nutrients for Body Functions
18. Growth and Development
20. Adaptation to the Environment
21. Animal Health
22. Animal Behavior
23. Issues in Animal Agriculture
24. Beef Cattle Breeds and Breeding
25. Feeding and Managing Beef Cattle
26. Dairy Cattle Breeds and Breeding
27. Feeding and Managing Dairy Cattle
28. Swine Breeds and Breeding
29. Feeding and Managing Swine
30. Sheep and Goat Breeds and Breeding
31. Feeding and Managing Sheep and Goats
32. Horse Breeds and Breeding
33. Feeding and Managing Horses
34. Poultry Breeding, Feeding, and Management
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Scientific Farm Animal Production, CourseSmart eTextbook, 10th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$68.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-511136-9