In SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts, two world-class SharePoint consultants show how to make SharePoint “jump through hoops” for you–and do exactly what you want.
Jason Nadrowski and Stacy Draper have built some of the most diverse SharePoint enterprise implementations. Now, drawing on their extraordinary “in the trenches” experience, they present solutions, techniques, and examples you simply won’t find anywhere else.
SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts addresses every facet of SharePoint customization, from site definitions and templates to document libraries and custom properties. The authors cover both Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and illuminate SharePoint’s interactions with other technologies–helping you troubleshoot problems far more effectively.
Next time you encounter a tough SharePoint development challenge, don’t waste time: get your proven solution right here, in SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts.
• Construct more powerful site and list templates
• Control how SharePoint uses ghosted and unghosted pages
• Use custom site definitions to gain finer control over your site
• Build list definitions with custom metadata, views, and forms
• Troubleshoot WEBTEMP, ONET.XML, SCHEMA.XML, SharePoint databases, and their interactions
• Create custom property types to extend SharePoint’s functionality
• Integrate with other systems and SharePoint sites so that you can use their information more effectively
• Customize themes and interactive Help, one step at a time
• Customize email alerts and system notifications
• Extend the capabilities of document libraries
• Control document display and behavior based on extensions
Table of Contents
About the Authors xvii
Chapter 1 Custom Templates 1
Chapter 2 Site Definitions 23
Chapter 3 Site Definitions: Exploring List Definitions 93
Chapter 4 Customizing and Implementing Property Types in Windows SharePoint Services 135
Chapter 5 Global Customizations 207
Appendix Custom_JS.ASPX 241
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$35.99Add to Cart