- Respond to consumers who demand control over their own brand relationships
- Marry communications with technology far more effectively
- Reflect social media in policies and governance
- Generate greater internal collaboration, eliminating silos once and for all
- Become the organization's go-to source for reliable guidance on social technology
- Listen to consumers' conversations and use the lessons to communicate more successfully
- Build communications crisis plans that can be implemented at a moment's notice
- Develop profound new insights into how consumers construct and perceive their brand relationships
- Practice "reputation management on steroids"
- Go beyond "accepting" metrics to taking the lead with them
- And much more...
Table of Contents
Introduction: When Social Media Meets PR, Communication Unites with Technology 1
Chapter 1 PR Practice #1: The PR Policymaker 8
Chapter 2 New Practice #2: The Internal Collaboration Generator 23
Chapter 3 New Practice #3: The PR Technology Tester 37
Chapter 4 New Practice #4: The Communications (COMMS) Organizer 54
Chapter 5 New Practice #5: The Pre-Crisis Doctor 71
Chapter 6 New Practice #6: The Relationship Analyzer 87
Chapter 7 New Practice #7: Reputation Task Force Member 103
Chapter 8 New Practice #8: Master of the Metrics 118
Chapter 9 Using Your New PR Practices to Become an Influencer and Change Agent 134
Chapter 10 The Future of PR and Social Media 146
Appendix The Social Media Strategy Wheel 157
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$11.49 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-298323-5