Details the contributions of sociology to the field of psychology.
Written by a team of sociologist, Social Psychology: Sociological Perspectives, 3/e introduces readers to social psychology by focusing on the contributions of sociology to the field of social psychology.
The text discusses the field of sociological social psychology in terms of its three major dimensions: symbolic interactionism, social structure and personality, and group processes. Within each chapter, each major topic is examined from each of these perspectives.
This text is available in a variety of formats – digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through CourseSmart, Amazon, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab.
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Identify the contributions of sociology to the field of psychology.
- Discuss the field of sociological social psychology in terms of its three major dimensions: symbolic interactionism, social structure and personality, and group processes.
Table of Contents
Part I Perspectives and Methods
Chapter 1 Introduction to Sociological Social Psychology
Chapter 2 Perspectives in Sociological Social Psychology
Chapter 3 Studying People
Part II The Individual in Society
Chapter 4 The Social Psychology of Stratification
Chapter 5 Self and Identity
Chapter 6 Socialization over the Life Course
Part III Areas of Social Life
Chapter 7 The Social Psychology of Deviance
Chapter 8 Mental Health and Illness
Chapter 9 Attitudes, Values, and Behaviors
Chapter 10 The Sociology of Sentiment and Emotion
Chapter 11 Collective Behavior
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users