Research made relevant through a storytelling approach.
This renowned text maintains its acclaimed storytelling approach, teaching the science of psychology through an engaging narrative that makes research relevant to students. Drawing upon their extensive experience as researchers and teachers, Elliot Aronson, Tim Wilson, and Robin Akert present the classic research that has driven the field and introduce cutting-edge research that is the future of social psychology. Significantly updated to reflect advances in the discipline, the 8th edition provides a firm foundation for students to build their understanding of this rigorous science in a way that engages and fascinates.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience– for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – The authors emphasize this rigorous science through research examples that encourage students to think twice about their preconceived notions of what social psychology is - and isn’t.
- Engage Students – Through real-life vignettes, which open each story chapter, and “mini-stories” throughout each chapter, the eighth edition provokes student interest by focusing on real-life examples.
- Explore Research – The authors present a balance between the latest findings in the field with classic research in social psychology. Noting that some older studies deserve their status as classics and are important cornerstones to the discipline, this text encourages students to experience the continuity and depth of the field versus regarding it as a collection of studies published in the past few years.
- Support Instructors – This program provides instructors with unbeatable resources, including state-of-the-art PowerPoints embedded with videos, the NEW MyPsychLab with ABC’s What Would You Do videos, an easy to use Instructor’s Manual, a robust test bank, and an online test generator (MyTest).
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 020591201X / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205912018.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introducing Social Psychology
Chapter 2 Methodology: How Social Psychologists Do Research
Chapter 3 Social Cognition: How We Think about the Social World
Chapter 4 Social Perception: How We Come to Understand Other People
Chapter 5 The Self: Understanding Ourselves in a Social Context
Chapter 6 The Need to Justify Our Actions
Chapter 7 Attitudes and Attitude Change: Influencing Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 8 Conformity: Influencing Behavior
Chapter 9 Group Processes: Influence in Social Groups
Chapter 10 Interpersonal Attraction: From First Impressions to Close Relationships
Chapter 11 Prosocial Behavior: Why Do People Help?
Chapter 12 Aggression: Why Do We Hurt Other People? Can We Prevent It?
Chapter 13 Prejudice: Causes and Cures
Chapter 14 Social Psychology in Action 1: Making a Difference with Social Psychology: Attaining a Sustainable Future
Chapter 15 Social Psychology in Action 2: Social Psychology and Health
Chapter 16 Social Psychology in Action 3: Social Psychology and the Law
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205959860
Includes this title packaged with:
- Readings in Social Psychology: General, Classic, and Contemporary Selections, 8th Edition
Wayne A. Lesko
$197.80 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780205966127
Includes this title packaged with:
- Current Directions in Social Psychology, 2nd Edition
Association for Psychological Science (APS), Janet Ruscher, Elizabeth Yost Hammer
$191.13 | Add to Cart
$191.13 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-84718-1
$96.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-84717-4
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91707-5
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$124.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-24929-9