Macionis empowers students to understand the world around them through a sociological lens, so they can better understand sociology and their own lives.
Society: The Basics, 12th edition is written to help students find and use sociology in everyday life. With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The Basics offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
The new edition continues to grow to meet readers' changing needs. With a newly integrated pedagogical framework, readers are guided through both the text - and optional new MySocLab - to build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience – for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking –Six new learning objectives per chapter help readers build critical thinking and study skills.
- Engage Students – New design, everyday life and pop culture examples make sociology relevant for students today.
- Explore Theory –Three main theoretical perspectives are discussed in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Contemporary research informed by expert reviewers and cutting edge data sources reflect a broad range of race / class / gender.
- Support Instructors - Author written activities and assessment in MySocLab, the test bank and instructor's manual help provide support for instructors.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost).
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Sociology: Perspective, Theory, and Method
Chapter 2: Culture
Chapter 3: Socialization: From Infancy to Old Age
Chapter 4: Social Interaction in Everyday Life
Chapter 5: Groups and Organizations
Chapter 6: Sexuality and Society
Chapter 7: Deviance
Chapter 8: Social Stratification
Chapter 9: Global Stratification
Chapter 10: Gender Stratification
Chapter 11: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 12: Economics and Politics
Chapter 13: Family and Religion
Chapter 14: Education, Health, and Medicine
Chapter 15: Population, Urbanization, and Environment
Chapter 16: Social Change: Modern and Postmodern Societies
These online resources are available at no cost.
Study Site for Society: The Basics, 12th Edition
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89992-0
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89991-3