Seeing Sociology in your Everyday Life
With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The Basics, 13/e offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology. John Macionis, author of the best-selling Introductory Sociology franchise over the last three decades, empowers students to see the world around them through a sociological lens, helping them to better understand their own lives. This informative, engaging, and entertaining title will change the way readers see the world and open the door to many new opportunities.
MySocLab is an integral part of the Macionis learning program. Engaging activities and assessments provide a teaching a learning system that helps students see the world through a sociological lens. With MySocLab, students can develop critical thinking skills through writing, explore real-world data through the new Social Explorer, and watch the latest entries in the Core Concept Video Series.
Society: The Basics, Thirteenth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. Learn more.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Sociology: Perspective, Theory, and Method
Chapter 2: Culture
Chapter 3: Socialization: From Infancy to Old Age
Chapter 4: Social Interaction in Everyday Life
Chapter 5: Groups and Organizations
Chapter 6: Sexuality and Society
Chapter 7: Deviance
Chapter 8: Social Stratification
Chapter 9: Global Stratification
Chapter 10: Gender Stratification
Chapter 11: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 12: Economics and Politics
Chapter 13: Family and Religion
Chapter 14: Education, Health, and Medicine
Chapter 15: Population, Urbanization, and Environment
Chapter 16: Social Change: Modern and Postmodern Societies
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$65.00 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133925760
Includes this title packaged with:
- Writer -- ValuePack Access Card
. . Pearson Education
$202.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374674-7
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374675-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$124.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-375275-5