Macionis empowers students to understand the world around them through a sociological lens, so they can better understand sociology and their own lives.
Society: The Basics, 12th edition is written to help students find and use sociology in everyday life. With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The Basics offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
The new edition continues to grow to meet readers' changing needs. With a newly integrated pedagogical framework, readers are guided through both the text - and optional new MySocLab - to build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology.
The black and white version has a few key redesigns from the color version. All maps and figures have been redrawn to be clearly viewed and understood in black and white print. For example, instead of featuring shades of color, a map will feature patterns of polka dots or stripes.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience — for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking —Six new learning objectives per chapter help readers build critical thinking and study skills.
- Engage Students — New design, everyday life and pop culture examples make sociology relevant for students today.
- Explore Theory —Three main theoretical perspectives are discussed in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Contemporary research informed by expert reviewers and cutting edge data sources reflect a broad range of race / class / gender.
- Support Instructors - Author written activities and assessment in MySocLab, the test bank and instructor's manual help provide support for instructors.
Text + MySocLab ValuePack:
ValuePack ISBN-10: 1256663069
ValuePack ISBN-13: 9781256663065
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Sociology: Perspective, Theory, and Method
Chapter 2: Culture
Chapter 3: Socialization: From Infancy to Old Age
Chapter 4: Social Interaction in Everyday Life
Chapter 5: Groups and Organizations
Chapter 6: Sexuality and Society
Chapter 7: Deviance
Chapter 8: Social Stratification
Chapter 9: Global Stratification
Chapter 10: Gender Stratification
Chapter 11: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 12: Economics and Politics
Chapter 13: Family and Religion
Chapter 14: Education, Health, and Medicine
Chapter 15: Population, Urbanization, and Environment
Chapter 16: Social Change: Modern and Postmodern Societies
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.