Macionis empowers students to understand the world around them through a sociological lens, so they can better understand sociology and their own lives.
Society: The Basics, 12th edition is written to help students find and use sociology in everyday life. With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The Basics offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
The new edition continues to grow to meet readers' changing needs. With a newly integrated pedagogical framework, readers are guided through both the text - and optional new MySocLab - to build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience — for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking —Six new learning objectives per chapter help readers build critical thinking and study skills.
- Engage Students — New design, everyday life and pop culture examples make sociology relevant for students today.
- Explore Theory —Three main theoretical perspectives are discussed in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Contemporary research informed by expert reviewers and cutting edge data sources reflect a broad range of race / class / gender.
- Support Instructors - Author written activities and assessment in MySocLab, the test bank and instructor's manual help provide support for instructors.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Sociology: Perspective, Theory, and Method
Chapter 2: Culture
Chapter 3: Socialization: From Infancy to Old Age
Chapter 4: Social Interaction in Everyday Life
Chapter 5: Groups and Organizations
Chapter 6: Sexuality and Society
Chapter 7: Deviance
Chapter 8: Social Stratification
Chapter 9: Global Stratification
Chapter 10: Gender Stratification
Chapter 11: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 12: Economics and Politics
Chapter 13: Family and Religion
Chapter 14: Education, Health, and Medicine
Chapter 15: Population, Urbanization, and Environment
Chapter 16: Social Change: Modern and Postmodern Societies
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Society: The Basics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 12th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$60.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89917-3