Seeing Sociology in your Everyday Life
Sociology, 15/e empowers students to see the world around them through a sociological lens, helping them better understand their own lives. The text is written to help students find and use the science of social behavior in everyday life. John Macionis, author of the best-selling Introductory Sociology franchise over the last three decades, takes students step-by-step through the theories and research that make up the discipline of sociology. This narrative, along with a global perspective, makes for an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
MySocLab is an integral part of the Macionis learning program. In concert with the main text, it helps readers build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology. Engaging activities and reliable assessments provide a digital learning system that helps students succeed in the course. With MySocLab, students can watch the latest entries in the Core Concept Video Series in sociology, explore real-world data through the new Social Explorer, and develop critical thinking skills through facilitated writing activities.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Personalizes Learning with MySocLab: MySocLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improves Critical Thinking: A new learning system includes detailed objectives linked to the narrative, media resources, and assessment program.
- Engages Students: Allows students to gain insight into sociology.
- Connects to the World Today: This title encourages students to connect themes through the title to their own lives.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0205988350 / 9780205988358 Sociology Plus NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206530 / 9780205206537 NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205985602 / 9780205985609 Sociology
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Part I: The Foundations of Sociology
Chapter 1: The Sociological Perspective
Chapter 2: Sociological Investigation
Part II: The Foundations of Society
Chapter 3: Culture
Chapter 4: Society
Chapter 5: Socialization
Chapter 6: Social Interaction in Everyday Life
Chapter 7: Groups and Organizations
Chapter 8: Sexuality and Society
Chapter 9: Deviance
Part III: Social Inequality
Chapter 10: Social Stratification
Chapter 11: Social Class in the United States
Chapter 12: Global Stratification
Chapter 13: Gender Stratification
Chapter 14: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 15: Aging and the Elderly
Part IV: Social Institutions
Chapter 16: The Economy and Work
Chapter 17: Politics and Government
Chapter 18: Families
Chapter 19: Religion
Chapter 20: Education
Chapter 21: Health and Medicine
Part V: Social Change
Chapter 22: Population, Urbanization, and Environment
Chapter 23: Collective Behavior and Social Movements
Chapter 24: Social Change: Traditional, Modern, and Postmodern Societies
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-375280-9
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-375299-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users