Sport Psychology, Fifth Edition provides a comprehensive overview of sport and exercise psychology. This text outlines the theoretical framework and provides the necessary psychological foundation of sport psychology while offering students a real-life handbook approach to using psychological strategies as a sport participant and coach. This unique book stresses an applied approach to the field and presents scientific research and empirical data without the use of technical jargon. The Fifth Edition features substantial content updates, a new organization that better lends itself to classroom use, and case studies for additional real world application.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
I. OVERVIEW OF THE FIELD
1. The Science of Sport Psychology
II. PSYCHOLOGY OF SPORT PERFORMANCE
2. Personal Factors Affecting Sport Performance
3. Youth Sports: Special Considerations and Needs of Child Athletes
4. Motivation: Theory and Application
5. Attribution Theory: Explaining the Causes of Performance Outcomes
6. Emotion: Arousal, Stress, and Anxiety
7. Coping with Stress in Sport
8. Sport Psychology Interventions
9. Aggression in Sport
10. Applying Sport Psychology: Athletes Speak for Themselves
III. COACHING PSYCHOLOGY
11. Effective Communication: The Foundation of Effective Leadership
12. Leadership and Coaching in Sport
13. Team Cohesion and Group Dynamics
IV. Psychology of Physical Activity
14. Applied Exercise Psychology
15. Conclusions and Future Directions
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Sport Psychology: From Theory to Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75032-7