The ideal book to help students understand the background and long term influence of one of the great monsters of the twentieth century.
- This new edition brings the book completely up-to-date - existing chapters revised to include the latest information and debates.
- Additional documents in the Documents section - graphically demonstrate the massive cost of the Stalin dictatorship to Soviet citizens.
- Reader-friendly and easier to navigate.
Table of Contents
PART ONE THE CONTEXT
1 Introduction: The problem
2 The Russian Revolution and the Soviet State, 1917-29
PART TWO ANALYSIS
3 The Thirties
4 The Great Fatherland War, 1941-45
5 High Stalinism, 1945-53
PART THREE ASSESSMENT
6. Stalin: Personality and Power
7. The Judgement
PART FOUR DOCUMENTS
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780205680856
Includes this title packaged with:
- Russia: The Soviet Period and After, 4th Edition
$128.13 | Add to Cart