Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab search for ISBN-10: 0133862259/ISBN-13: 978013386225 . That package includes ISBN-10: 0133582736/ISBN-13: 9780133582734 and ISBN-10: 0133759113 /ISBN-13: 9780133759112.
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
This text is intended for a one-semester introductory programming course for students with limited programming experience. It is also appropriate for readers interested in introductory programming.
In Starting Out with Python®, Third Edition Tony Gaddis’ evenly-paced, accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming and prepares them to transition into more complicated languages. Python, an easy-to-learn and increasingly popular object-oriented language, allows readers to become comfortable with the fundamentals of programming without the troublesome syntax that can be challenging for novices. With the knowledge acquired using Python, students gain confidence in their skills and learn to recognize the logic behind developing high-quality programs.
Starting Out with Python discusses control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, detail-oriented explanations, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter.
MyProgrammingLab for Starting Out with Python is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help:
- Personalize Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Enhance Learning with the Gaddis Approach: Gaddis’s accessible approach features clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise real-world examples, and exercises in every chapter.
- Support Instructors and Students: Student and instructor resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.
- Keep Your Course Current: This edition’s programs have been tested with Python 3.3.2.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Computers and Programming
Chapter 2 Input, Processing, and Output
Chapter 3 Decision Structures and Boolean Logic
Chapter 4 Repetition Structures
Chapter 5 Functions and Modules
Chapter 6 Files and Exceptions
Chapter 7 Lists and Tuples
Chapter 8 More About Strings
Chapter 9 Dictionaries and Sets
Chapter 10 Classes and Object-Oriented Programming
Chapter 11 Inheritance
Chapter 12 Recursion
Chapter 13 GUI Programming
Appendix A Installing Python
Appendix B Introduction to IDLE
Appendix C The ASCII Character Set
Appendix D Answers to Checkpoints
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$92.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-375897-9
$42.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-375909-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374369-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$86.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-384849-6