ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- For graduate and undergraduate courses in compensation, staffing, and human resources.
The art and science of compensation practice.
Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach illustrates the art and science of compensation practice and its role in promoting a company’s competitive advantage.
MyManagementLab for Strategic Compensation is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Improve Results with MyManagementLab: MyManagementLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- A flexible format: Cover topics based on your semester schedule.
- Real-world topics that are relevant to all business majors: Numerous cases and interesting, engaging material will apply and appeal to all business students regardless of their major.
This package contains:
0133457109 / 9780133457100: Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach
0133486680 / 9780133486681: NEW MyManagementLab with Pearson eText Access Card for Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting the Stage for Strategic Compensation
Chapter 1: Strategic Compensation
Chapter 2: Contextual Influences on Compensation Practice
Part II: Bases for Pay
Chapter 3: Traditional Bases for Pay
Chapter 4: Incentive Pay
Chapter 5: Person-Focused Pay
Part III: Designing Compensation Systems
Chapter 6: Building Internally Consistent Compensation Systems
Chapter 7: Building Market-Competitive Compensation Systems
Chapter 8: Building Pay Structures that Recognize Employee Contributions
Part IV: Employee Benefits
Chapter 9: Discretionary Benefits
Chapter 10: Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans and Health Insurance Programs
Chapter 11: Legally Required Benefits
Part V: Contemporary Strategic Compensation Challenges
Chapter 12: Compensating Executives
Chapter 13: Compensating the Flexible Workforce
Part VI: Compensation Issues Around the World
Chapter 14: Compensating Expatriates
Chapter 15: Pay and Benefits outside the United States
Chapter 16: Challenges Facing Compensation Professionals
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348664-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$110.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345722-3
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$192.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-384893-9
$270.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345710-0
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$184.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357545-3