A class-tested approach to Strategy for Strategic Management and Business Policy courses
Wheelen and Hunger’s class-tested approach to teaching Strategy is brought into sharper focus with a new emphasis on globalization, innovation, and sustainability. This text equips students with the strategic concepts they will need to know as they face the issues that all organizations must build upon to push their businesses forward.
For the first time in 30 years, the 14th edition has added two new authors to the text. Alan Hoffman, a major contributor to the 13th edition, is a former textbook author and world-renowned author of strategy business cases, and Chuck Bamford, who was a student of Tom Wheelen and David Hunger back in 1980 at the University of Virginia (McIntire School of Commerce), has authored four other textbooks. They join J. David Hunger and bring a fresh perspective to this extraordinarily well-researched and practically crafted text.
MyManagementLab for Strategic Management and Business Policy is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Improve Results with MyManagementLab: MyManagementLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- Focus on Globalization, Innovation, and Sustainability: These three strategic issues comprise the cornerstone that all organizations must build upon to push their businesses forward
- Help Students Apply Concepts to Real-Life Scenarios: A Strategic Management Model provides structure for content and case analysis.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyManagementLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyManagementLab search for ISBN-10: 0133254186/ISBN-13: 9780133254181. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133126145/ISBN-13: 9780133126143 and ISBN-10: 0133123685/ISBN-13: 9780133123685.
MyManagementLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
PART 1 Introduction to Strategic Management and Business Policy
CHAPTER 1 Basic Concepts of Strategic Management
CHAPTER 2 Corporate Governance 42
CHAPTER 3 Social Responsibility and Ethics in Strategic Management 70
PART 2 Scanning the Environment 93
CHAPTER 4 Environmental Scanning and Industry Analysis 94
CHAPTER 5 Internal Scanning: Organizational Analysis 136
PART 3 Strategy Formulation 173
CHAPTER 6 Strategy Formulation: Situation Analysis and Business Strategy 174
CHAPTER 7 Strategy Formulation: Corporate Strategy 204
CHAPTER 8 Strategy Formulation: Functional Strategy and Strategic Choice 236
PART 4 Strategy Implementation and Control 269
CHAPTER 9 Strategy Implementation: Organizing for Action 270
CHAPTER 10 Strategy Implementation: Staffing and Directing 300
CHAPTER 11 Evaluation and Control 328
PART 5 Introduction to Case Analysis 363
CHAPTER 12 Suggestions for Case Analysis 364
PART 6 Cases in Strategic Management 1-1
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$84.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312363-0
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312367-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$116.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312978-6
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$194.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312612-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$193.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374037-0