For courses in Strategic Management or Policy in Hospitality Programs.
Based on scientific research within the industry, this book outlines a strategic model that can be used to improve decision making and policy within the hospitality field. Combining quality research and experience, it discusses key topics such as: environmental scanning, competitive strategies, structure and implementation, and performance. Placing a responsibility on the learner, the book offers a combination of cumulative learning exercises, simulated decision making settings, and a text specific website. This edition clearly discusses the role of strategy in creating firm value and growth and stresses the relationship between leadership theory, strategic thinking and financial management.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Leadership, Strategy and the Value Adding Manager
2. The Coalignment Model
3. General Concepts in Scanning
4. Identifying Forces Driving Change
5. Scanning the Remote Environment
6. Scanning the Task Environment
7. Investing in Competitive Methods
8. Competitive Methods and Industry Performance
9. Developing, Maintaining and Enhancing Core Competencies
10. Implementation and Execution of Strategy-Achieving and Managing Coalignment
Leadership: Behavioral Aspects of Strategy
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Strategic Management in the Hospitality Industry, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$44.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-500587-3