Where the strategy of staffing and business align.
Strategic Staffing prepares all current and future managers to take a strategic and modern approach to the identification, attraction, selection, deployment, and retention of talent. Grounded in research but full of real-world examples, this text describes how organizations can develop a staffing strategy that reinforces business strategy, leverages staffing technology, and evaluates and improves staffing systems.
This edition includes new and relevant topics on staffing that readers will be able to immediately apply in their future careers.
Table of Contents
1. Strategic Staffing
2. Business and Staffing Strategies
3. The Legal Context
4. Strategic Job Analysis and Competency Modeling
5. Forecasting and Planning
6. Sourcing: Identifying Recruits
9. Assessing External Candidates
10. Assessing Internal Candidates
11. Choosing and Hiring Candidates
12. Managing Workforce Flow
13. Staffing System Evaluation and Technology
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Strategic Staffing, 3rd Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-382939-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users