I. FUNDAMENTALS OF EMOTION-FOCUSED AND PROBLEM-FOCUSED COPING.
1. Help! I'm All Stressed Out.
2. Deep Breathing Exercises: The Fundamental Emotion-Focused Coping Skill.
3. Self-Assessment: A Fundamental Problem-Focused Skill.
II. BASIC SKILLS TO CHANGE FEELINGS, THOUGHTS, AND ACTIONS.
4. Lowering Arousal and Changing Negative Emotion.
5. Changing Unrealistic Thoughts and Beliefs.
6. Direct Action to Change the Stressful Situation.
III. SPECIFIC INTERVENTIONS FOR FEELLINGS, THOUGHTS, AND ACTIONS.
7. Visualization and Imagery.
8. Controlling Anger and Building Frustration Tolerance.
9. Stopping Unwanted Thoughts.
10. Stress Inoculation Training.
11. Assertiveness Training.
12. Social Skills Training.
13. Time Management.
IV. STRESS MANAGEMENT FOR SPECIFIC POPULATIONS AND PROBLEMS.
14. Stress Management for Head and Facial Pain.
15. Stress Management for Sexual Difficulties.
16. Stress Management for Substance Abuse: Smoking Cessation and Controlled Drinking.
References and Additional Readings.