For courses in Structures or Structural Analysis and Design.
Structures, Seventh Edition, offers single-volume coverage of all major topics in structural analysis and design. Focusing on how structures really work, the text discusses concepts from both engineering and architectural perspectives, exploring structural behavior, structural analysis, and design within a building context. In addition to the seventh edition being significantly updated, the structural analysis software—Multiframe— is now available online for students and instructors to download.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTORY CONCEPTS
1. Structures: An Overview
2. Principles of Mechanics
3. Introduction to Structural Analysis and Design
PART II: ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS
5. Funicular Structures: Cables and Arches
7. Members in Compression: Columns
8. Continuous Structures: Beams
9. Continuous Structures: Rigid Frames
10. Plate and Grid Structures
11. Membrane and Net Structures
12. Shell Structures
PART III: PRINCIPLES OF STRUCTURAL DESIGN
13. Structural Elements and Grids: General Design Strategies
14. Structural Systems: Design for Lateral Loadings
15. Structural Systems: Constructional Approaches
16. Structural Connections
2. Nonconcurrent Force Systems
3. Moments of Distributed Loads
5. Moments of Inertia
6. Bending Stresses in Beams
7. Shearing Stresses in Beams
8. Moment-Curvature Relations
10. Moment-Area Theorems: Slopes and Deflections
11. Other Methods of Analyzing Indeterminate Structures
12. Reinforced-Concrete Beams: Detailed U.S. Design Procedures
13. Critical Buckling Loads for Compression Members
14. Code Compliant Design of Timber Columns
15. Computer-Based Methods of Analysis: Force and Matrix-Displacement Techniques
16. Computer-Based Methods of Analysis: Finite-Element Techniques
17. Typical U.S. Steel Shapes: Properties
18. Typical Material Properties
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Structures, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262154-0