For student teaching courses in special education and as a supplement in a methods course covering mild disabilities. It also works well for special ed capstone courses.
The fourth edition of Student Teacher to Master Teacher: A Practical Guide for Educating Students with Special Needs, confronts the challenges special education teachers are facing in becoming reflective, certified professionals. This text prepares future educators, practicing teachers, and alternative certification professionals with the demands educators will experience in special education and inclusive classrooms. Providing realistic and rigorous field experiences balanced with research-based content and activities, this text “bridges the gap” between methods, student teaching and being an effective and successful special education teacher.
Table of Contents
1. Field Experiences with Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities.
2. Legal Aspects of Special Education.
3. Setting Up for Instruction.
4. Classroom Assessment Practices for Instruction.
5. Planning for Instruction.
6. Delivering Instruction.
7. The Paperwork.
8. Positive Behavior Management and Support: Promoting Discipline and Self-Control.
9. Student and Family Transitions.
10. Collaborative Programming and Consultation.
11. The Master Teacher.
Appendix A: CEC Code of Ethics and Standards for Professional Practice for Special Educators.
Appendix B: CEC Knowledge and Skill Standards Common Core.
Appendix C: Table of Contents Linked to CEC Common Core Standards.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$46.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-171511-0