Immediately has the student address an age-old question, “Why do I have to take this course?”, through assessment of strengths and weaknesses and critically applying what is relevant to their situation.
Study Skills poses assessment of strengths and weaknesses allow students to self-identify what they already do well as a whole and what they need to improve, then take shorter assessments specific to the study skill topic of each chapter. Chapter opening situations are presented through crisply written 'problem based learning' vignettes to engage in critical thinking and is referenced in key points to reinforce the R.E.D. model. Each chapter concludes with the reader asked to critically apply objectives and strategies and propose a plan for the student in the scenario, again 'problem based learning'. Priority management is a key feature and distinct from time management, as well as Information literacy coverage including social media and how to write for social media - strong and timely.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents:
INTRODUCTION: TODAY IS THE TOMORROW YOU CREATED YESTERDAY
CHAPTER 1: DO I REALLY NEED THIS STUFF
CHAPTER 2: CRITICAL THINKING
CHAPTER 3: PRIORITY MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER 4: INFORMATION LITERACY
CHAPTER 5: MOTIVATION AND GOAL SETTING
CHAPTER 6: LEARNING STYLES
CHAPTER 7: CLASS TIME LISTENING AND NOTE-TAKING
CHAPTER 8: REVIEWING AND USING YOUR NOTES OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM
CHAPTER 9: READING
CHAPTER 10: MEMORY
CHAPTER 11: TEST PREPARATION AND TEST PERFORMANCE
CHAPTER 12: CIVILITY
CHAPTER 13: THE CHOICES YOU MAKE
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff? Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package, 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278272-2
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$68.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278951-6