In this completely revised edition of his bestselling Stylin’ with CSS, veteran designer and programmer Charles Wyke-Smith guides you through a comprehensive overview of designing Web pages with CSS, including the advanced capabilities of CSS3 that are now widely implemented across all the major browsers.
You will learn the full capabilities of the CSS language, with step-by-step examples and in-depth explanations that will take your skills to new levels, whether you are a newbie or already have experience with CSS. Stylin’ with CSS focuses on practical skills for Web designers and programmers, and blends creative design ideas with accurate technical descriptions. It will help you create robust, stylish, and flexible layouts that adjust to the constantly changing content of today’s data-driven online applications, and that display appropriately on monitors, tablets, or mobile phones.
In Stylin’ with CSS, you will:
- See how HTML5 and CSS3 work together
- Develop multi-column, fixed-width, and fluid layouts
- Discover how the positioning and floating properties really work!
- Explore professional typographic techniques using downloadable fonts
- Style UI elements, such as drop-down menus, forms, and pop up overlays
- Write media queries that modify your page layouts for different screen sizes
- Learn about CSS3 shadows, rounded corners, gradients, and background images
- Create interactivity with CSS3 transforms and transitions
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 HTML5
Chapter 2 CSS --how it works
Chapter 3 Stylin' --Fonts and Text
Chapter 4 Positioning Elements
Chapter 5 Page Layout
Chapter 6 UI components
Chapter 7 Enhanced designs with CSS3
Chapter 8 Responsive Design
Format: Safari PTG
This publication is not currently for sale.