NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment shows how to help clients struggling with addiction by looking through the lens of counseling theory. After tackling basic concepts of substance abuse and dependence counseling, it looks at different counseling theories and how each supports the client with substance abuse issues. Offering more how-to's than most books, the author provides concrete descriptions of counseling theory in action, so readers know how to intervene during a real counseling session. A consistent case study is used throughout the entire book to illustrate different treatment approaches and techniques. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment is also available packaged with MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134297326. Note: The MyCounselingLab® package does not include the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Part I: Basic Concepts of Substance Abuse and Dependence Counseling
Chapter 2: Terms, Models, and Ethical Issues in Substance Abuse and Addiction
Chapter 3: Substance Classifications, Effects, and Associated Dangers
Chapter 4: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning of Substance Abuse
Part II: Theoretical Approaches Supported by Empirical Evidence
Chapter 5: Motivational Interviewing in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 6: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 7: Relapse Prevention in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 8: Applying Group Theory in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 9: Applying Family Systems Approaches in the Treatment of Substance
Abuse and Dependence
Part III: Theoretical Approaches with Less Empirical Support
Chapter 10: Solution-Focused Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 11: Adlerian Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 12: Gestalt Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse and Dependence
Chapter 13: Existential Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$46.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-334658-9
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$58.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-339836-6
$76.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340658-0
$114.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-254265-4