Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 013429730X.
In this widely popular guide, future and practicing clinicians and counselors get a sound base of knowledge about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD) and practical help for working with clients who are misusing or abusing these drugs. Now updated to cover the changing substance abuse problems in our nation and around the world, Substance Abuse Counseling, 5/e by Stevens and Smith includes informative case studies and includes individual chapters on special populations and the health disparities related to substance abuse among minorities.
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Substance Abuse Counseling
Chapter 2 Ethical and Legal Issues in Substance Abuse Counseling
Chapter 3 Major Substances of Abuse and the Body
Chapter 4 Theories of SA Etiology
Chapter 5 Assessment and DX
Chapter 6 Treatment Settings and Treatment Planning
Chapter 7 Individual Treatment
Chapter 8 Group Treatment
Chapter 9 Family Treatment
Chapter 10 Retaining Sobriety
Chapter 11 Working with Selected Populations: Treatment Issues and Characteristics
Chapter 12 Working with Diverse Cultures: Exploring Sociocultural Influences and Realities
Chapter 13 Prevention
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$56.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307221-1